Do you have family or friends coming in for the holidays? Make sure your home is ready if they’re bunking with you. It’s the time of year when guests are often in and out of your home. You want your house, specifically the guest room, to be well equipped and welcoming to guests (but not so welcoming they never want to leave…).
Here is a checklist to make sure your home is top notch for when family and guests come knocking at your door:
Think like a hotel! What toiletries and accessories would they have stocked in the bathroom? Mimic that.
- An abundance of fresh (and clean) hand and bath towels
- Hand soap
- Shower cap
- Shaving Cream
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Oral hygiene products
- Empty trash can
- Plenty of toilet paper – don’t make your guests awkwardly ask you for more!
#ProTip: always keep your guest room to this standard. It will be easy for you if guests start popping into town!
- Clean sheets – an absolute must
- Bedside table – and on that table:
- Alarm clock
- A note with access to the wifi
- Instructions on how to use the TV (if there is one)
- And to go the extra mile – flowers or candles and matches
- Extra blankets or a fan – your guests may be used to a different sleeping temperature
- If you have a closet, have empty hangers available for your guests to use
Throughout the House
Your guests will travel beyond the walls of the guest room, so make sure the rest of the house is conducive to company too!
- Clean everything
- Have plenty of grab-n-go breakfast options in the kitchen
- Stock up on snacks, drinks, and water for your guests to grab on the go
#ProTip: Remind guests to make themselves at home. Having things out, organized and accessible to guests will keep their stay and your life less complicated.
The best thing you can do is focus on cleanliness and hospitality. Your guests will be happy with simple clean sheets and towels, but you should go above and beyond to give your guests a feeling of relaxation when visiting your abode. Ensure you have everything on this list and people will be begging to stay again!